in

Armed clash in Karachi’s Golimar leaves 2 dead, 9 wounded


A still taken from a video shows a police van after armed clash between two groups in Golimar, Karachi on August 25, 2024. — Geo News
A nonetheless taken from a video exhibits a police van after armed conflict between two teams in Golimar, Karachi on August 25, 2024. — Geo News

KARACHI: Two armed teams clashed in Karachi’s Golimar space on Sunday, ensuing within the deaths of at the least two folks and accidents to 9 others, based on police personnel, as reported by Geo News.

The casualties ensued when two armed teams opened hearth on one another, with some offended protesters setting numerous automobiles on hearth and blocking each lanes of the principle artery resulting in Nazimabad from Lasbella.

Confirming the variety of fatalities, Chief Police Surgeon Dr Sumaiyya Syed said that one physique was taken to Abbasi Shaheed Hospital and the opposite to Dr Ruth Pfau Civil Hospital, whereas the injured had been being handled at Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre (JPMC).

Taking discover of the matter, Sindh Home Minister Zia Lanjar has sought a report on the incident from the Sindh Inspector General of Police (IGP) and Additional Inspector General (AIG), directing regulation enforcement businesses to carry the scenario underneath management instantly.

Saying that nobody can be allowed to take the regulation into their very own palms or disturb the regulation and order scenario, Lanjar additionally instructed the authorities to arrest the perpetrators as quickly as potential.

Later, Karachi AIG Javed Alam Odho said that the scenario within the affected space was underneath management and the Central Superintendent of Police (SSP) was on website.

Meanwhile, West DIG Irfan Baloch said that the armed teams clashed over the motion of a procession.

Later, the move of site visitors resumed after the regulation enforcers opened the roads. 


Written by Editor

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sharon Osbourne thanks mystery fan who found ring at Villa Park

Labour donor Lord Waheed Alli had ‘temporary’ No 10 pass