
- IG pledges to convey all attackers to justice.
- CM Maryam Nawaz lauds immediate police motion.
- Interior minister says martyrs’ sacrifices is not going to go in useless.
The predominant wrongdoer concerned in a rocket assault that left 12 policemen lifeless within the riverine space of Rahim Yar Khan has been killed, the Punjab police mentioned on Friday, pledging that each one miscreants concerned within the assault will likely be “delivered to justice”.
The announcement from the police got here a day after bandits launched the rocket launcher assault on policemen whose cellular van acquired caught in rainwater in Machka space of the Punjab district, leaving dozen policemen lifeless and 6 others wounded.

In a press release on X, previously Twitter, the Punjab police mentioned that the bandit Bashir Shar had been killed within the motion whereas his accomplices together with Sanaullah Shar, Gada Ali, Kamlu Shar, Ramzan Shar and Gadi have been wounded.
A day earlier, two police autos carrying round 22 policemen have been attacked by bandits in Rahim Yar Khan after one of many vans broke down in low-level flooding.
The gang used rocket launchers to focus on the stranded officers.
Inspector General of Police (IGP) Dr Usman Anwar expressed his resolve to convey all of the bandits concerned within the assault “to their logical finish”.
“The operation will proceed till the perpetrators are eradicated,” the police assertion mentioned.
Responding to the event, Punjab Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz lauded the police for immediate retaliation. “We will make a agency resolve to purge the Katcha space from the dacoits and the Punjab authorities can not overlook the dear sacrifices of the police martyrs.”
“The terrorists concerned within the martyrdom of police personnel will likely be taken to activity,” she added.
Earlier right this moment, the funeral prayers for all of the police martyrs have been provided on the Sadiq Shaheed Police Lines Rahim Yar Khan. Those who attended the funeral embody Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi, IGP Anwar and Punjab Home Secretary Noor-ul-Amin Mengal, moreover numerous senior police and navy officers, police personnel, public, and kin of martyrs.
Naqvi vows stern motion in opposition to attackers
Meanwhile, the inside minister visited police personnel receiving remedy at Sheikh Zayed Hospital in Rahim Yar Khan.
Speaking to the media, he mentioned the good sacrifices of martyrs wouldn’t go in useless. Expressing resolve to root out robbers from the Kachha space, he mentioned that the federal authorities would supply full help to the Punjab authorities on this regard.
The minister additionally emphasised that these concerned within the heinous act could be made an instance, including that the criminals could be awarded the harshest punishment below the legislation.
The safety czar additionally presided over a high-level assembly on the Rahim Yar Khan airport earlier right this moment. He underscored the necessity for sturdy safety measures and instructed authorities to equip operational forces with trendy weapons and security tools.
The minister directed all crucial measures to forestall such incidents sooner or later.
Ordering a coordinated operation in opposition to the perpetrators, Naqvi said that they’d be handled “iron fingers”.